Sunday, September 16, 2007

Bits and Bobs

---a little late but R.I.P. Joe Zawinul. A small tribute will be on Monday night's show.

--speaking of the show, here's next week's tentative playlist, though I'm waiting on some goodies that may alter a bit:
9/24: Vic Chestnut, Chad VanGaalen, Sea Wolf

--I finally broke down and made myself a LibraryThing account, though if I tried to enter all the books I do own, it would require two lifetime memberships on my part. So instead I stuck to books I actually finished in the last four years, which leaves out a lot of anthologies I only dipped into, many of the small press magazines I treasure like LCRW and Electric Velocipede and Flytrap, scores of comics, short stories, etc. Still, it is gratifying to see some sort of organization to what I've been working on, and it's stimulating me to get off my ass and start some major-scale reading.

--and speaking of procrastination (or at least implying it) I loved Nancy Giles' piece on this morning's Sunday Morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home