Friday, December 17, 2004

Come this Monday

The last show of the year has become a bit of a tradition, with a look at some Neko Case cuts from the previous 12 months, as well as a dash of Xmas music, some familiar some not. Tune on in Dec 20...

I figure I'll start listing the books I've read this year, a great year for it as I got through quite a few more completed than in years past. The list doesn't include some picture books or short stories. Let's see how many I get in this post before I get cut off by the blogger template...

From January on:
William Gibson--"Pattern Recognition"
Jeff Vandermeer--"Veniss Underground"
Lucius Shepard--"Louisiana Breakdown"
David Schow--"Rock Breaks Scissors Cut"
Douglas Clegg--"The Necromancer"
Joyce Carol Oates--"Rape: A Love Story"
Karen Joy Fowler--"The Jane Austen Book Club"
Elizabeth Smart--"By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept"
Cory Doctorow--"A Place So Foreign & 8 More"
L. Timmel Duchamp--"Love's Body, Dancing In Time"
Alex Garland--"The Coma"
The 2004 Rhysling Anthology
Elizabeth Hand--"Mortal Love"
Virginia Schwartz--"Initiation"
Robert Charles Wilson--"Blind Lake"
Theodora Goss--"The Rose In Twelve Petals"
Ursula K LeGuin--"Gifts"
Marjane Satrapi--"Persepolis 2"
Polyphony 4
Charles DeLint--"Medicine Road"
Art Spiegelman--"In the Shadow of No Towers"
Susanna Clarke--"Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell"

Hey whaddya know, they all fit! I knew I'd get better at this bloggin' as I go.
More to come before the year's end, I'm in the middle of about five at the moment. I'll even put up a list of ones I plan on getting to in 2005.
Next week, I'll start a countdown of my favorite CDs as well, at least in a Spotlight Review way. The guilty pleasures will get their own post. Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger agent z said...

oooh i love joyce carol oates! i've read a bunch of her stuff.. started when i found a copy of 'american appetites.' then went on to read and enjoy 'zombie,' and 'black water.' i really like her writing.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home