Tuesday, September 26, 2006

How's this for cool?

Next Monday, we will be doing a phone interview at the start of the show with the fine and underrated band Bettie Serveert, who will be in Buffalo the next day. Should be fun; yeah, I was surprised to hear they are still around too, but glad as well.

So yours truly hit the half-century mark yesterday, and celebrated quietly and happily. On Saturday, Sheila and I went up to the Niagara Wine Festival in St. Catherine's and then headed over to Port Dalhousie for some fine dining and general happiness. Even got to ride the Carousel too. I feel pretty darned blessed at this point in my life, and I owe it all to my wonderful bride. Yes, it's pretty darned corny as well, but c'est la vie.

The playlists are obviously already getting revised, but expect at least Tortoise and Tanya next week for sure, and Viva Voce and Emily Haines the following. We'll see what else lands in my lap soon too.
UPDATE: No sooner did I write the above then I stop out to the station and find a whole pile of stuff awaiting me, including Grizzly Bear, Robyn Hitchcock, another new Sadies CD (! a soundtrack), a Billy Bragg sampler, and a couple more I can't think of at the moment. Got the new issue of Yeti the other day too. All shall find their way into the show over the next several. Now I just have to hit up Rob Filardo for an advance of the new Quitters CD (which he's promised me for two years now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home