Monday, August 28, 2006

meager attempts at a playlist

Tonight's show is a variation on First Impressions and the Indie Show: a bunch of new music thrown against the wall to see what sticks. And, as we do with fair regularity, we showcase some fine new stuff largely from our northern neighbor, Toronto in particular. Among the folks:
The Unintended, the Hylozoists, Republic of Safety, Cities in Dust, The Creeping Nobodies, and Stars. Should be fun (and easier on yours truly).

Next week, for the holiday, some more odds and ends before we return to our regularly scheduled programming, featuring: Luca, the Velvet, Shearwater, the Long Winters, and Mountain Goats (subject to change of course, depending on what lands at the station).

Mostly just been catching up with things, especially watching the rest of summer's TV bounty. I'm still 3 eps behind on Deadwood, but they sit comfortably awaiting me and Sheila on the DVR.
And then the new Fall Seasons shows begins, yipes! TV addiction is fun but troublesome. And I'm happily awaiting the 3rd season of Slings and Arrows courtesy of my kind taper in Saskatchewan.

Haven't heard from my friends in Canada yet either, with a little bundle of joy that was due any second. Michelle and Cam, if you're out there, give me a holler! (That goes for anybody who I haven't heard from in a bit).

More to come, hopefully we'll have the new Yo La Tengo in physical, complete totality for the show before it comes out Sept. 12. I happily ordered my Beat Your Ass Season Pass, and got to hear (most of) the streaming version of the complete album, but I still need it in its pristine completeness, as it is really one of the year's best.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Scheffel said...

Hi Adrienne, wondering if you've been looking in!
I don't know how we lived without the DVR for so long either. It has saved a lot of former VCR fights among the household.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home