Monday, June 30, 2008

Bloglines

I know, I suck, as a regular blogger that is. And after only a few hours sleep, I'm not going to be so hot of one today either. Life has not been bad whatsoever, just busy and full. So for now, how about some forthcoming playlists, just because, and hopefully I'll have more to say perhaps by the holiday weekend.

6/30 (tonight): The Baseball Project, Steinski, Posies tribute
7/7: Polaris Music Prize
Going to try something a little different here. Next Monday will be the announcement for the shortlist for Canada's Polaris Prize, though this year they released a longlist of 40 albums as preliminary nominees. It turns out, thanks to my love for the fine Canadian music, we have a lot of these on hand. Now I'm not sure what time the actual shortlist announcement is; if it's before 9 PM, we'll play what we have on hand that matches that list. If no announcement is done by then, we'll just play a bunch of the nominees and let the chips fall where they may. Either way, it's a good chance for me to play a lot of music with a minimum of fuss, which is where I've been trying to take the show lately anyway.
Update: The Polaris shortlist will be announced at 11 AM on CBC Radio 3. I actually have around 20 of the 40 albums nominated in some form or another, so we should have a darn good playlist I hope by Monday evening.
7/14: Mid-Year Report: Best of 2008 so far
7/21: Martina Topley-Bird, Rob Dickinson

Stay tuned....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home